Sunday, July 31, 2011

Grown men shouldn't have stuffed toys!

Wow, I have a blog!!! Sometimes I forget about you, blog. (maybe because no one reads you?)

I thought I would participate in Sample Sunday! Once again, from Aurora Abroad!

Aurora and Emperor Lyric realize they're adrift on the wide, open sea. Then she teases him about his teddy bear. Enjoy! :-)


Can you explain to me what happened there? What in the world was that? What in the world were those… those creatures?!”

“I have no idea.”

They were out of the frying pan and into the freezer, but they were too shaken to notice their new predicament. They were adrift at sea. They were floating on a small dingy, tossed by the open water.

“I just wanted to go back home! That’s all I wanted! And here I am, back where I started. I don’t believe this. Well, at least I’m not naked this time. And I can’t complain, because who knows what might be happening to Rachelle right now? Oh, poor Rachelle! But what could we have done? Those creatures wanted to abduct her… what could I have done to stop them? And it wasn’t as if it was my choice to flee. I’m only here because of you.”

“Lyric.” She tried to get his attention, to get him to stop talking, but it was no use.

“What do you think they’ll do to her? What do you think they wanted? I wish I could have done something! I feel so powerless sometimes.”

“Lyric!” She tapped him on the shoulder and tried to direct his eyes to the water that surrounded them on all sides.

“You think I haven’t noticed that we’re adrift on a tiny boat in the middle of the ocean?” he snapped. “Believe it or not, it has crossed my mind.”

“Well, you don’t have to be rude about it!” Aurora crossed her arms and turned away from him. “Then again, you’ve never been anything but rude. Maybe you can’t help it! I’m getting sick of your sarcasm!” A strong wave smashed against the side of their dingy. She had to grab both sides of the boat so she wasn’t thrown overboard.

“I was so close! SO close!” Lyric whimpered. “I was a carriage ride away from being back in my kingdom… back to my nice, warm bed!”

"And Pooka.”

He reeled on her. “Pardon?”

“Pooka. Your stuffed bear.”

“Right… wait… WHAT?!” Lyric’s eyes snapped open. “How in the world do you know about Pooka!?”

“I woke up in bed with you, remember?”

“How could I forget?”

“And I heard you mumbling about Pooka.” Aurora rolled her eyes. “Most men your age would be cuddling women, not stuffed bears. What are you, twenty-five? Thirty?”

“My age is none of your business!” Like a little boy, he stuck out his tongue.

No comments:

Post a Comment